What is Google Shopping?
You’ve probably already seen Google Shopping, also known as product listing ads. When you search for products, you often see Google Shopping ads at the top of your search list.
Additionally, if you click on the “shopping” tab, next to “Maps” in your Google search, you will also see the Google Shopping platform.
Where are Google Shopping Ads displayed?
This list (from Google in 2019) explains the places where Google Shopping ads are displayed.
- On the Google Shopping page (in select countries)
- Google Search, next to search results and separate from text ads
- Google Search Partner websites, including YouTube and Image Search in some countries (if your campaign is set to include search partners)
- The Google Display Network (for local catalog ads only)
So we know that Google Shopping Ads are displayed in various areas, but what happens when you add machine learning to the mix?
What are Google Smart Shopping Campaigns?
Google Smart Shopping campaigns are a type of Google Ads that connect your product feed and assets with Google’s machine learning. The Google systems pull from product feeds and test different combinations then show the relevant ads across Google Search, Discplay, Youtube, and Gmail.
What do you need to start?
- Ecommerce Store
- Google Ads account
- Google Merchant center
- Conversion tracking with transaction-specific values
- Global site tag on your website
- Remarketing list of over 100 active users with your account
The depth of your Google knowledge doesn’t have to be much – these ads are not necessarily hard to manage. *Note, there are services (like emarketing) that will set up the accounts and conversion tracking setup for you.
Ready to get started with your Google Shopping Campaign? Visit emarketing – it’s free!